Monday, August 25, 2008

A berry good day

Today was another day like Saturday, just like autumn. I like to say 'autumn' better than saying 'fall'. When I say the word 'autumn' I imagine red maple trees, cinnamon, watching Charlie-Brown movies and crisp, cool weather. Now with 'fall' I just think of leaves falling off trees and how winter is almost here. Anyway, I am totally off the subject. :)


Seeing that our blackberries were finally ripe we took full advantage of the nice weather and went berry picking. Afterwards I decided that I was in the mood to do some baking, so I made blackberry pie. Making pie is one of my favorite things to make besides bread. I like to do the lattice tops on my pies. :)



Consider yourselves very lucky to actually see me in a picture.LOL. I am extremely camera shy; but B#4 was the photographer during my baking process and she wanted me to put this pic up. Isn't my apron pretty? I got it for my birthday and I'm in it almost constantly.
Here's the lattice top half-way done.


Aaahh, the almost finished project.


And of course there's always a mess to clean up afterwards. (This is a just a small part of it)

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you.... the finished product. Hopefully it will taste as good as it looks because we might have company tonight. :)
~B#2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:D Very pretty--and looks yummy! I tried eating my screen, but it didn't work. LOL

~Krista

Voorhees Family said...

Good Job! I wish I could have had a slice :)
Mrs. Voorhees