Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Update on My Frugality Challenge

So far for my Frugality challenge to myself, I have spent $88 out of my $100 budget. I have gotten 11 cloth diapers with inserts, a bouncy seat, an infant carseat and a crib bedding set. I recently found some Bumgenius and Flip diapers on Craigslist. Usually brand new these diapers run around $14 each. I emailed a bit with the lady and she ended up coming down to $8 per diaper for me. And even better than that...they were in a town over an hour from us but we have friends who live there and they were willing to pick them up for me and it even worked out for them to drop them off to me at home because they were going to be in the area.
 
 


Then I found this beautiful Pottery Barn crib bumper on Craigslist for only $15. Actually it was the bumper, crib skirt and 2 window valances for $15. Usually Pottery Barn bumper pads go for at least $99 brand new, some even higher. Now lest you think from the very girly-ness of this bumper that we know we are having a girl, you would be wrong. We have no idea what we are having and we aren't planning to find out but I couldn't pass up this beautiful set just in case it is a girl. Besides, if B#1 and his wife have a girl, we could always see if they want it or just resell it.


I stilll have a few things left on my list and with the cloth diapers I may indeed go over but I at least have a goal and a list to work with.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Nice work!!! Love the bumper too!!!