Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Skirt


It is very difficult to find modest maternity skirts these days. At least ones that are in my price range, meaning less than $10. I did go to Motherhood a couple of weeks ago but I just couldn't bring myself to pay $25 for the beautiful black skirt I was contemplating. Well, thank you once again Google, I found a tutorial on how to alter a regular skirt into a maternity skirt. I already had a lot of stretchy fabric that I had gotten from our church's Free Room and then I found a wonderful denim skirt at Goodwill for $7.99(still more than I like to pay at Goodwill). Now I am not the seamstress of the family. I leave that bit of fun to my girls but they were busy for one reason or another so I decided to tackle the job. I am quite pleased with the results, although it is still a bit big for now, but that will change soon enough.

I think I am ready to tackle another one. Just gotta do more Goodwill shopping:).

No comments: