Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My Frugality Challenge to Me

I am a pretty practical person. I see really pretty things when I am out and about but I just can't bring myself to buy things just because they are pretty. I always say I am too practical, which isn't necessarily a good thing. But I suppose in the area of baby things, being practical can be a good thing. There are so many neat things that you can buy for a new baby. Gadgets that you didn't even know you needed can be found all over the place. So for me being practical can help me not to go overboard when we are having a new baby. You probably wonder what in the world I would need for this baby since we have already had babies. Surprisingly I have a list that I am working on. Things either wear out or you realize that you need something a little different to help you make your day work smoother. That is where Craigslist comes in handy. I made a comment to DH that I think I can get everything on my list for $100, so I thought I would make that a personal challenge to me. DH works hard to provide for our family and I want to make sure I am doing my part and not spending the money he makes frivolously. I have heard that there is a local Facebook buy, sell, trade page that is supposed to be good too but since I am facebook illiterate I am not sure how you find it.



So here is my list and the progress I have made so far:
An infant car seat- got one for free, had to use some elbow grease to clean it up but it is basically brand new.
A baby bouncy seat- got one off of craigslist for $10
A gender neutral, cream colored crib bumper
A cream changing table pad cover
A cream colored crib sheet
A baby monitor
Cloth diapers and supplies- got started with 6 almost brand new diapers/inserts from craigslist for $25, usually these sell for almost $20 each.

It is kinda fun trying to find good prices. I suppose it is like hunting for men. We all like a challenge. So this is my challenge to myself. Adding in the cloth diapers will definitely make it more challenging. I think they will be the toughest pieces to find. I will let ya know how it goes.

No comments: