Friday, September 26, 2008

And kitties make eight


I couldn't help but give a squeal of delight this morning when I found Olivia with her new litter of kittens. Yup, that's right, she finally had them. :)


I knew it was coming though. Early this morning when I came out to take care of the animals I noticed that Olivia was acting very strange. Number one, she was actually rubbing up against me; now for Olivia that is strange indeed, she hates to be touched and doesn't really like to be near humans. Number two, She looked sunken around her hip-bones. That's a sure sign that an animal is going to have them soon and she just had this really weird "Find me a nest box very very quick." attitude; if you know what I mean.


So I quickly got an old blanket and put it in our official "cat nest box". Olivia leaped in there and immediately started making it comfortable.


Two hours later I went out and found 7 adorable, fluffy newborn kittens! I can't help it; I should be sick about having another litter but I can't help but feel a delightful sensation when I get to see a newborn baby, kitten or human. :) It's always exciting knowing that you are the very first human to get to see these little treasures (well, at least I think that they're treasures).


Three of the kittens are pure white, three are white with black patches and one is a tabby.


Maybe we should be cat farmers....We certainly get them in abundance here. $100 per kitten would be a fair price don't you think? LOL.Life is precious.

~B#2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that they are little treasures also!:)

~B#4

Anonymous said...

They are ADORABLE!! I want one, but I don't know if I can convince my Dad in getting a barn cat. :P Though we do have a big vole problem... :P

~Krista