Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Whiskers, paws, purrs and claws

One would think that after the kitten ordeal I would be sick of cats, but... I can't help it, I still love cats. :)



We are now down to three cats: Spitfire, Octavia and Olivia. We're trying to rehome Olivia soon, as she is pregnant again.

Spitfire is my personal favorite cat in the whole world. Before him I had another cat who looked exactly like him and had the same name. When my first Spitfire died (He got hit by a car) I was crushed but then, oh glorious news, Olivia had her first litter of kittens and Spitfire #1 was the dad. I was soooo excited to find one kitten that was the "spitting" image of his sire. My Spitfire #2 still continues to be like his father. He knows no fear, knows he's handsome and loves to sit on my lap and purr. His nickname is "Boy". I don't know why I call him that but I do; My first Spitfire's nickname was "Spitten" which was a mix of Spitfire and kitten but it just didn't fit Spitfire #2. :)



Octavia is another special cat. When we got Otis and Olivia we also got a third kitten whom we dubbed Octavius (After the little Roman guy in 'Night at the Museum'). Octavius was a gorgeous cat with the most unique markings I had ever seen. A couple of people even asked if they could have her! But one day she mysteriously disappeared and we haven't seen her to this day. :(


So when Olivia had her first litter we just had to keep the one and only kitten that looked like Octavius, only we named this one Octavia. She is really dainty and sweet; she looks like a cat that wouldn't want to do anything that might muss her beautiful self but of course look can be deceiving, she's the best mouser we've had and knows how to keep her brother (Spitfire) in line.



Earlier this morning B#4 saw them playing in a tree and rushed to get the camera so I could blog about them. They are the funniest things to watch. :)




The hunt begins. My "Boy" looking for his crafty sister.

{says to herself} "Hee, hee, hee. He'll never find me up here!

{Says} You know where she is don't you?

The mighty hunter is preparing to pounce on her unsuspecting brother. Chuckling to herself all the while I'm sure! LOL.

~B#2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! These are such cool pictures! I like the first one with spitfire best. :D Octavia is sooo pretty! :D
~Kaylee