Thursday, September 25, 2008

Time for tea




I was in that mood today.


I was in the mood for baking.


So I did! I love days like today; It's a little nippy outside so you just want to stay in and keep cozy. I was also in the mood to knit as I have some mittens that I need to get started on but... Baking won over knitting.


For about a week now us girls (meaning me, B#3 and B#4) have been wanting to have a tea party so we picked today for it.


I made Spiced Tea Bread; it really does have tea in it. :) A blackberry pie and B#3 made two dozen chocolate scones.


We decided to not make it to fancy this time so I just put a lace table runner on the table, used our second prettiest teapot and made it look a bit more casual. A fancy tea for us would be my damask table cloth, My silver teapot and all of my silver and glass things (i.e. cups, plates, sugar bowls and cream pitchers).


It was pretty fun. Mom, B#5 and B#6 joined us for tea as well. :) And of course I had my favorite music going: Vivaldi. I absolutely adore it. I use to never like classical music and I never thought anything could replace my beloved celtic music...until I heard Vivaldi.



Our two prettiest teapots. The Silver one is mine and the flowery one is B#4's.

Proof that the tea and scones must have tasted okay. :)

~B#2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, a more scrumptious tea has never been had before. Though the Spiced Gatehouse Tea Bread would have been better if it hadn't had nuts and cranberrys. LOL.

~Megan