Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Suprises in the chicken coop


Hi everyone! This is B#2 again. I just wanted to give you a quick update on our kitties. As you have been told, Otis had them in our compost bin (of all places) but after about a week or so, Otis decided that it was not a sufficient place to raise a family. So off she trotted to find a new nest. Any guesses on where she put them? In one of the Chicken coop nestboxes! Imagine my suprise when I went in there to look for eggs and Instead found Otis and her kittens! The kittens are almost four weeks old and like most kittens, are very fluffy and adorable. It's so funny to watch them wrestle with each other and they all lean out of the nest when you come in; hoping for a scratch behind the ears. Unfortunately They are becoming more and more curious each passing day and they are starting to climb out of the nest. This morning I found one of them two nestboxes away from the other littermates! In about four more weeks they will be old enough to go to new homes. Us kids were really hoping to get to keep one but alas and alack, mom and dad said no. All this leads me to say: Kittens Anyone?

-B#2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I didn't know Chickens had kittens... No matter! I love kitties!

--Krissy

Anonymous said...

They look so cute and fluffy! I just want to kiss one!
-Kaylee

Anonymous said...

Post more pictures of the kittys they are so cute!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea H