Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Mennagerie Grows








I remember when the girls first mentioned getting Geese...dad said no way...too mean. Well B#2 made an appeal to dad that if she couldn't gentle the geese that she wanted we would get rid of them. Dear dad agreed so today they picked up the long awaited geese along with 4 Khaki Campbell ducks. Everything was going along "swimmingly":), until one of the silly little ducks decided to try eating some wood shavings. She swallowed one that was just too big so B#2 tried giving her some water and mineral oil with a syringe. Then I come along to the scene trying to be helpful:) and dropped the poor little gal from several feet up. So far she is still alive, amazingly. We will see if she lasts through the night....

4 comments:

Debra said...

How is she doing? Did she make it.

Kelly said...

The little girl made it through the night...guess I didn't do too much damage to her.

Debra said...

Alright!

Hey thanks for the link to Raising Godly Tomatoes. (Another book I want now! Do you have it?)

There is a lot of wisdom there.

Did you get the grocery bag pattern? Any questions?

Kelly said...

Hi Debra, you are welcome for the site. I don't have the book as it is a new thing I think. I had printed off a bunch of her stuff to put in my notebook but I loaned that to someone and I am just planning to order the book. She has some great stuff and has taken alot of junk from people who don't agree with her...I did get the pattern. THanks so much. Can't wait to try it:)