Monday, March 31, 2008

Birthday Boy



We celebrated B#1's 17th birthday yesterday. When I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday he told me...have peace and quiet and pizza. Pretty easy to please I suppose. I just can't believe that we have a 17 year old. Time has really flown by and soon he will be ready to start out on his own. Have we done a good enough job? Have we prepared him at all to be the godly man and father he will someday be? I appreciate what a dear friend pointed out to me...none of us started out with the Lord where we are now. What encouraging words those were. Still hard for a mom to know that her children may make some of the same mistakes that we made and that we still make. I will say that B#1 is a responsible fellow who watches out for his younger siblings, drives carefully and is my Mr. Safety conscience. Proverbs 10:1 says "A wise son makes a glad father, but a foolish son is the grief of his mother." I feel that he is a wise son and I am eager to see him grow and mature in the Lord by His grace and to see what He has in store for him. I will add that when I asked my big, muscley guy what kind of birthday cake he wanted he was quick to say vanilla with strawberry filling and whipped cream topping so the girls made the cake in the picture below for their beloved brother.




2 comments:

Tami said...

You have done a great job with B#2..seems strange to call him by his "code name"! He is a super young man and will do great with anything life brings his way. Seems strange to think of one leaving the nest...I think I will spend a lot of time on my knees! Tell him Happy Birthday from us.

trlhkrs said...

Chris,

Happy Birthday sweetie!!! (Aunt's can say that...) We wish you all the best for your 17th year and your future that lies ahead of you! You are such a special person. Love you bunches!

Your cake looked sooo yummy!!

Hugs,
Auntie M and Uncle R