Thursday, April 26, 2012

I am 40

As one of my friends put it...I am FINALLY 40. The day came and went with minimal fanfare. DH had to work so we waited to celebrate until the next day. Just a quiet day at home with the family. We had birthday breakfast and cake then the next day our oldest son and his wife (yes I said wife as I am now a mother-in-law) came over for a BBQ and homemade ice cream.

One of my gifts from DH was a washed and waxed van. He knows how much my dirty van bothered me. It is quite an undertaking to wash and wax so once a year he tries to tackle it. It is once again red instead of pink:).

Why do we as a society make such a fuss over  turning 40? I don't know. It just seemed like such a big deal to me. Now it just seems like another year.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Hope your day was wonderful and the year ahead spectacular!!!

Hugs,
Melissa, Rob, and Juliana