Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pretty Things



I love to look at pretty things and it is even more fun when you have the opportunity to make pretty things. One of the blogs that I read had a post about making your own homemade liquid handsoap and she had it in such pretty containers that I decided I wanted to try to make both of them. One problem was not having any of the pumps to go on the tops of  my jars. I have lots of canning jars so that wasn't an issue. I talked to my mom and she said she would send me some of her pump-thingys but being the impatient person that I am I decided to try to find some sort of container from Goodwill. In our town we also have a store called St. Vincents which is similar to Goodwill. Now I usually do not stop there since I am usually in a hurry when I pass there but yesterday I decided to stop in and see if they might have a container with a pump that would work for this project. Well the Lord blessed that stop and I found not one but three of the pumpy-things that I needed for the project. They were marked $1.50 for all three. I thought that was a great price so I headed up to pay for my treasures when low and behold the cashier told me they would only be $.50!  Anyway, here is one of my finished Homemade Liquid soap jars. I just think it is pretty...



If you want to try to make these yourself, you can go HERE to make the soap, and HERE to learn how to make the dispenser. I used some soap that B#2 made and I already had the jars so this was a very inexpensive project to make. B#5 took over making the lids for me so it was fun for him too.  
So far we have made three and we are excited to make more for friends.

No comments: