Saturday, April 14, 2012

I am so intrigued by this


One of the blogs that I read, "Raising Olives" has a post about a Child Training Bible. At first I thought maybe this would be some sort of children's Bible with Bible stories teaching character. I am all in support of teaching our children character but really don't want to isolate Bible stories to do that. I think Bible stories are great for our children to be familiar with but I think that all too often we do our children a disservice by just focusing on Bible story characters without opening up the whole Bible to them. So I wasn't in a great hurry to hop on over to the website they mentioned but once I did I was very intrigued by what I saw. If I am understanding the website correctly you purchase a chart and colored tabs from them and attach them to a Bible and when you are in need of a verse to train your children with then you can pull from the tabs in the Bible that match the need you have. I am sure some of you could make one of these on your own but I think for me it would be better to purchase their kit to save on leg work. We may not agree perfectly with every verse they chose for every situation so I would think you could pick a different one if need be. I love that you would be using a Bible instead of various child training books and charts, which I already have or have wanted to purchase in the past.

To check it out go to www.childtrainingbible.com . One other note, I think the Bible they use the ESV Bible which you may prefer. We use the New King James Version so the tabs and chart would be all I would be interested in.


No comments: