Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Barn Chores

Tonight I went out with B#2 while she did her barn chores. I sat on some hay bales with our barn cat pawing at me while watching the calf drink her bottle and all of the goats milling about waiting patiently for their nightly hay. It was quite pleasant to sit there and listen to the rain on the roof, smelling the hay and watching the nightly ritual of milking the goats. They are amazingly trained. One goat trots in for her milking time then the stall door is opened for her to trot back out. Then the stall door opens again to allow the next goat to trot right in for her turn on the milkstand. I even pitched in a bit and brought the animals their bucket of water...quite the farm hand, huh?

As nice and peaceful as that was, I think I will stick to an area I am much more comfortable in, my home and my children and leave the barn chores to B#2 and whichever of her siblings decides to help her.

No comments: