Monday, July 20, 2009

Couponing

In years past I used to use coupons but then I started shopping at a local store where most of the store brand products were at least as cheap as those I had coupons for if not cheaper so I let that fall away. Well recently a friend from church has gotten several of us moms started up into coupons again. I signed up for a 4 week trial period for "The Grocery Game" which is a web site that tracks all sales and coupons and matches them up, telling you what to buy to save the most. It is interesting but you do have to pay a fee for it and I actually have been having fun just going through my sales flyers and matching it up with coupons that I have gotten from the Sunday paper. For a family of 10(as we are) it is suggested that you purchase two Sunday papers to help you have a good stock of coupons. Now some may say that you spend as much on two papers as you would save but I felt that it was worth it on my trip to our local Albertsons. Below is what I purchased and how much I saved...

1 bottle of Purex HE landry soap
1 box of Crystal Light to Go(for a friend)
2 packages of marshmallows(gotta keep those handy for smores)
4 bottles of bbq sauce(which were $.49 and had a coupon on pkg for $.35 off making them $.14 each
1 box of Ritz Crackerfuls(normally I wouldn't buy these but by the time I was done I got them for $.99 and it was a good snack for hubby's lunchbox)
1 package of these new weird dishwasher tablets.
Oh, and one bottle of water for B#7 and I to share.

I spent $8.14 and saved $27.30. I used a couple of double coupons, one of the crackerfuls and one of the dishwasher stuff. Anyway, I was pleased with my purchases and my savings. I went through the list for this week and will let you know how it works out.

No comments: