Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Couponing part 2

Ok, so if you read my last post, you know that I am getting into this couponing thing. Hopefully, I will keep wisdom about me and not purchase unnecessary stuff just because. Anyway, I won't tell you about every shopping trip I go on but I did want to share one more. You can decide if you think I did well or not. Feel free to let me know you thoughts and tips. This week I went to four stores, in order of a goal of getting to the farm store on the other end of town so it wasn't a gas waste.

Albertson's
5- boxes cereal
10 more BBQ sauces(I think I am stocked up for a good while)
1-box of Green tea
2-packages of feminine products
3- things of deodorant.

I spent $24.28. I thought that was pretty good. If I had went to my regular store I think I would have spent about $36 for it all. Of course shopping at Albertson's without a sale or coupon would be totally out of our budget as all of this would have been $81.00 there.

Next I popped into Walgreens and picked up 3 rolls of scotch tape(a coveted item in our house) and 5 packages of papermate mechanical pencils. I spent $1.12.

Then I ran into Rite aid while the girls went to the fabric store. I bought 2-boxes of huggies baby wipes and 3- cans of Edge shaving cream. I did spend $8.97 there but will get $3 back in rebates from Rite aid. That made the shaving cream $.99 each.

Lastly, I ran in to Safeway to pick up chips, which is something we buy every week anyway. I bought 5 bags of chips for $5.56.

Well that was my couponing trip. Today I do my BIG shopping at our local cheaper store. My goal is to stay definitely under my budget while stocking my pantry. I will let you know if I manage to do that. Maybe it just takes time:)

1 comment:

trlhkrs said...

I love it!!

We have "Henry's Market" down here. I was so excited today as I bought blueberries (from Oregon), .88 cents per pint (bought 4 of them, YUM!); spinach, .88 cents bunch; roma tomatoes, .88 cents per lb.; cauliflower, .88 cents; celery, .50 cents bunch; red seedless grapes, .77 cents lb. On Wednesday's I can pay the sales price from the previous week and for the current week. It's a great deal. I always love telling DH how much our food items cost.

Keep up the great work with the coupons!!

Hugs to you all!!!