Thursday, March 14, 2013

Travis Nathaniel



Our oldest son and his wife have been dealing with a possible miscarriage for the last week...waiting on blood tests and ultrasounds to tell them whether or not their first child would make it. Unfortunately yesterday it was confirmed that the baby, indeed, was not alive. We are very sad for them. I asked my daughter-in-law if they had thought about doing something to honor the baby such as a name or a special letter that they would write. Understandably, she said they hadn't really had time to process it all and therefore hadn't thought about it.

Today she told us that they decided to honor the baby by naming him Travis Nathaniel. I think that is a lovely name.

Society would have us to believe that at 6 weeks it isn't really a baby yet. Just a bundle of tissues. From the above picture, I beg to differ. This clearly looks like a baby to me.

The Bible is particularly clear on this. One of the most well known verses about babies, Psalm 139 says this..."For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest part of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they were all written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.

We are very sad that this little one will not be joining our family this side of heaven but maybe someone somewhere who might be considering an abortion will stumble upon this little post, see the picture of the 6 week old baby and change their mind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My heart goes out to your family. I lost a little one at seven weeks and know how heart-breaking it is to lose a child. We named our baby also, and I'm so glad we did.