Monday, March 4, 2013

Things we are doing for Easter and Keeping Busy

Well I managed once again to let there be a lag in posting. I had planned on staying pretty current on posting but life sometimes just gets busy.  I have been getting things ready for Easter already and working on some projects. I started remaking a skirt that I had in my closet but didn't like into a maternity skirt and bought a yard of flannel to make cloth diaper wipes. I managed to get 30 cloth wipes out of one yard of fabric for $2.50. Not too shabby.

The kids made some of these water color crosses to hang up. They were so easy to make and actually turned out the way the instructions said. We used masking tape to make the crosses, then they used water color paints to paint around the tape. Once it was dry enough we gently, very gently, peeled the tape off to reveal the crosses.



This is one of the projects we are planning to make. Isn't it cute? It is a tomb, which of course will be empty. So far I have most of the supplies ready to start it but need to find some grass seed. Walmart didn't have theirs out just yet. Hopefully Lowes will. You have to let the grass grow for at least 10 days so you have to plan ahead on when to start this one.


Our family typically does the usual Easter type things like coloring eggs on the first day of Spring. I am not against coloring eggs and hiding them. The kids love doing it but I do want them to focus on Jesus at Easter and not bunnies and eggs so we just do it a bit earlier. I suppose I should be gettting busy on that matter but I have also been preoccupied with planning for B#8's birthday which is coming up in a week or so.

Life is just busy...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

LOVE the Easter crosses! I'm using your idea for my Sunday school class and may even do the tomb as I have a bag of grass seed in the garage. =) Shall I stick some in the mail for you??? =)

Kelly said...

Good! Glad I could post something useful. Thanks for the offer of the seed but I will check today and see if I can find any. Still pretty cold here so there isn't too much out in the way of gardening.