Wednesday, February 9, 2011

When We Walk with the Lord

That is the title to one of my favorite hymns.

When we walk with the Lord,
In the light of His Word
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

Trust and obey, for there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus, But to trust and obey.

I was singing that to baby tonight and then I got to thinking...in the Old Testament(which is where I am plugging away with my" Read the Bible in 90 days", very behind) about how the Lord gave the Isrealites different jobs. The Levites were given the job of all the work in the Tabernacle and there were different artists who were given the job of making all of the articles in the Tabernacle. That made me think of how we each are called to different things. What our family feels the Lord calling us to do may not be what He is calling you to do. Now I am not talking about Salvation here, Salvation is only through accepting Jesus Christ as your Saviour and making Him Lord of your life. What I am talking about is the different areas of our life where we may have different standards, where we feel strongly that the Lord would have us to do things that may be different from others. But if we trust and obey then we will be happy.

No comments: