Friday, February 26, 2010

Busy Days

The weather here has been so sunny that we have been in spring cleaning mode in our house. Dear Husband decided he better go back to work so he could get some rest:).


It was time to prune the fruit trees.



Time to play outside!
Where we live, rain boots are not optional. So when our local farm store has them on sale, we know it is time to get in there and replace all of the cracked ones that we have. This year we only had to buy 6 pairs, which was nice.

Here is an interesting contraption that my dad made for us while he was here a while back helping us with our pasture fence. I think it is time for a new one with more posts on it. This time we may have to build it with the posts side by side so we can fit more on it. Daddy, it's time to come for a visit!

We didn't have to buy boots for the little boys, but I didn't want to leave them out so here is a pic of their cute little boots.



Another reason we were so busy this week...DH and I were out for our date night and decided to stop at Lowes to look at fencing. We did look at fencing but on our way out we passed by the appliances and saw this wonderfully BIG refrigerator on clearance for half price. Granted we had a pretty new refrigerator but DH knew that we had struggled with it being to small for a family our size, so he decided we would buy it. Upon looking at the space where it was to go, he realized that he would have to do some kitchen modifications to make it fit. I must admit that I didn't think it would work and was sad to give up my new fridge. But he made it work and here it is all installed, which was no small feat in and of itself. I love it! So much space! I do still have to keep an extra fridge in the laundry room since we buy 8 gallons of milk and 120 eggs each grocery day but having this one in the kitchen will be so nice!

Also, my sister sent my a wonderful under the cabinet cd player so I can listen to music or sermons while working in the kitchen. I didn't think it would fit under the cabinets much less actually get installed, but DH got that all set up for me too. And all of this while trying to get our desktop computer back up and running and going to pick up several loads of wood for our woodstove that were given to us. You can see why he was ready to go back to work for a break!

All in all it was a good weekend and now the rain is back so the girls and I are busy making strawberry jam with some strawberries that we picked and froze this summer. We will have to convince B#3 to make us some of her yummy biscuits to go with it for an afternoon snack:)

No comments: