Saturday, January 10, 2009

Seasons of Life

Sometimes I just think about my life and I am just so amazed that I am old enough to have been married for almost 19 years...and then I think about how my oldest has just graduated from homeschooling and has started college classes this week...and then I start to think about how we have a new baby coming in just a matter of weeks. Amazing!!! One is slowly leaving the nest as one is slowly working on arriving. Only by the Grace of God can these things be happening! Children truly are the heritage of the Lord and we have been so blessed to walk through these times. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

This is a baby blanket that I crocheted for the new baby. I decided to have cream and brown as the nursery colors. Usually I mess up every baby blanket that I try to crochet since I am a self-taught crocheter(is that even a word?). The last two blankets that I tried to make are used by my girls as shawls around the house when they are cold. But this pattern turned out to be very easy and I was able to finish it quickly, which is good for my short attention span. There is supposed to be a brown ribbon weaved through the edges but I haven't made it to the fabric store to pick any up yet.


Here is B#1 all dressed in his uniform and ready to leave for his second night of EMT class. Not only did I have to let him go to college but his class had to be 30 miles from home on roads he really hadn't driven too much. I just have to keep praying for the Lord's protection over him! All in all, wonderful seasons of life.

2 comments:

Voorhees Family said...

Wow, wonderful. Aren't these changes bitter sweet? I find I hate them when they come, not wanting to let go, but then I embrace God's goodness as the days and weeks go by and I see the wonderful changes happening. Good job mom. Congratulations Chris!!
~Melanie

Debra said...

Wha?! Where have I been? I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations!

do you know what you're having?