Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Party







Last night was B#1's graduation party. It was a nice small afair at our church. I think everyone had a good time and we only had a couple of bumps in the road...Our family got there early and started decorating. We were putting out things from his childhood and his scrapbook when dad asked where B#1's diploma was, at which point I(mom) start bawling because I couldn't believe I had forgotten it. What a sweet husband I have. Instead of berating me for forgetting it, he hugged me till I was done and then said he would drive all the way home to go get it which is a 20 minute drive each way. The only other issue we had was that the balloons I ordered ended up being way smaller than what I ordered and they lost their umph about half an hour after the party started. Oh well, I guess. The food was great. I originally planned to just serve desserts but B#1 wanted meatballs(what is it about guys and meat?) and one of my dear friends took up his cause and thought that was a great idea so she offered to bring some meatballs. That totally changed the direction of the food but I think the men were happy with it. He got some great gifts and money. Mom and Dad got him a stethoscope to use in school since he is going into the Paramedic field and I think with the money he got he is hoping to order an EMT responder kit. All in all it was a good night. And I still can't believe I am old enough to have a college student:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Chris! I know you're gonna do great in school!

Tami said...

How fun! he is such a handsome guy...can't believe he is all grown up! He will make a great paramedic. Tell him Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mark and Kelly!! You must be so proud! Were your parents able to make it out? I cannot believe how time flies....

King's child said...

Hurray Chris!!

Your little sister,
Caitlyn