Thursday, November 13, 2008

Birthdays



The kids have been after me because I haven't blogged about anyone's birthdays after B#1. I thought I would just wait until we were done with birthdays until 2009. As I worked on adding pictures it seems that I can only add so many pictures to one blog so I will have to post again to add the rest of the birthdays. B#2 wanted to have strawberry shortcake for her birthday, hence the photo above. It isn't all that easy to have candles in strawberry shortcake.


For B#2's sweet 16 birthday we decided to get her some pretties for her hope chest, which actually was more like a hope box but we forged on anyway. I found lots of pretty things at Goodwill, people must not like to entertain with pretty things anymore. I found her a pretty silver tea pot at the local antique store. She was with me when I purchased it, boy was that hard to keep a secret. Her mamaw and papaw decided that a girl needs a proper hope chest so they bought her a beautiful oak one to put all of her pretty things in.


B#7 comes next in the birthday line-up. We used to go all out for birthdays, even for a one year old but we have grown older, wiser and added more children to the mix so we really try to keep things simple. For his birthday he had over one friend from church to help him open his presents. I do think he liked the boxes more:)


For B#3's birthday we bought her a big person bike, no more little bikes for her:) We decided that if you get a bike for your birthday then you need to go riding. We went to a local state park for a beautiful day of riding. I pushed the stroller as a bike just isn't a good idea for me. B#2 kept me company.

As I mentioned in our Reformation post, B#5's birthday falls on the 31st of October but since dad had to work he got to celebrate it early. We did offer him the option of waiting until after but for some reason he didn't want to wait:) He is very interested in anything space so we bought him a space set at the local museum and put it on top of his cake. He also loves science so we bought him a big jug of his very own vinegar and a box of baking soda. What more does a boy need?


No comments: