Friday, August 12, 2016

My Foray into Essential Oils

Not too long ago I signed up for a membership with Young Living Essential oils. I had been reading different books and blogs on essential oils but kept dragging my feet about using anything beyond Lavender. I have been enjoying learning more and even branched out recently into making some essential oil blends in roller bottles. Now I know that some of you have been using oils for a long time but for a newbie like me its the little things that are exciting.

I recently wrote on my Facebook page about the baby having a giant sliver in his toe from our deck. I was really dreading having to hold him down while the hubster dug it out with the man's tool of choice, a needle. Yes, I know you are all shaking your head at the truth of that last statement! Anyway, in my experimenting I had made an Owie Blend, recipe can be found HERE, so I thought slivers definitely count as an Owie. I rolled it on his toe before bed and then again in the morning, then promptly forgot about it but when I remembered later in the day I found it to be gone. Yea! No needle needed.

My next victim, I mean opportunity came after B#4 went on a Search and Rescue hike and came back with some bug bites. Amazingly enough I had a "Something Bit Me" roller bottle blend from THIS blog. She tells me that it worked great.

I have also been having her(when she remembers) use some Thieves and Frankincense on a bum toe that she got on the same hike. So far she has managed to steer clear of the doctor's office for it so I think if she remembers to apply it we will have some success there.

My last attempt so far was for some "that time of the month" cramping and although it was only used once so far I was told that it definitely helped. For that blend I used THIS recipe.

So far those have been my only experiments but I feel that they helped us out and hopefully it will encourage and inspire someone else to keep on learning and give essential oils a try.

How about you? What all have you used essential oils for and what are your favorites?

1 comment:

JES said...

We absolutely love essential oils too! Thank you for sharing your stories with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)