Thursday, July 24, 2014

Tea for Two

 
A friend and I went to tea yesterday!


                                                        Such a lovely home it was in...

 
My sweet friend



We chose the small tea sampler but there was plenty on the menu...we started with lemon scones. I love scones but had never had lemon before or lemon curd. I loved both. They were also served with raspberry jam. A very yummy combination.

 
Then we had chicken salad on croissants and cucumber sandwiches on multi-grain bread. I love cucumber sandwiches but always thought they had to be on white bread. It was a nice change to have them on something else. The hostess also served mini tarts filled with apricot pepper jelly.  I am not a very adventuresome eater but the combination was surprisingly good. I am not sure it is something I would rush home to make, unlike the lemon scones that are patiently waiting on my counter to be eaten during nap time.


Isn't that a pretty tea cup? I was actually given a whole set of that pattern of china many, many years ago by someone from church who didn't want it anymore. I didn't appreciate having nice dishes back then and regret that I got rid of them. I do still have one lone tea cup in the cupboard, though I didn't remember having it until B#6 showed me.

 
Dessert was heavenly...lemon cake with TayBerry jam. Never heard of a tayberry?? We hadn't either. Apparently it is sort of like a raspberry and blackberry. Both of which I love. She topped it with whipped cream and toasted coconut. It was very rich and I was getting full but I decided to finish it anyway and not even think about calories.
 
It was a fun day and I am looking forward to going back with the girls for a card-making tea day.

No comments: