Sunday, June 1, 2014

Lavender or Snakes



I do not like snakes, even Garter snakes...B#2 was always our snake catcher. Anyway, we have been having a snake issue of late. All it takes to get the kiddos to start screaming is to hear mom screaming when a snake slithers near me. So I consulted the Google, which my girls tell me is a legitimate thing to do. Apparently snakes like bushes and tall grass. DUH! No wonder it is hanging around my deck. So I had a choice...live with the snake slithering around where B#11 crawls, in and out of my lavender bush or cut down and dig up the bush. It doesn't sound like a hard choice, but I LOVE lavender. I counted my bushes recently and I think I counted around 30 bushes and this particular bush was a gift from the kids and we brought it from our old house to replant here. But I love my little one more so I chose to chop it down and will work on digging it up as soon as my hands recover from the chopping part.

On a side science kind of note, once I started hacking away we found the skin that the snake had shed as he got bigger. Ugh!

No comments: