Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Rocking Chair

An example of how God meets our needs, even when they may seem small....

B#11 is a terrible sleeper, always has been. I rely hugely on my rocking chair in his room, sometimes I even sleep there. It is pretty much the only way I can get him to sleep in the evening and back to sleep when he wakes up many times during the night.

We are going on a trip to see B#1 and his newly pregnant wife and the thought of not having a rocking chair to use for B#11 was a huge issue to me. I woke up one morning after very little sleep and told DH that I couldn't possibly go with them because I would have no rocking chair, weeping as I said it.

I don't think I mentioned that part to my daughter-in-law but we did joke a bit about tying my rocking chair on to the top of our huge red van. Well, today after church she texted me and told me that her church was letting her borrow a rocking chair from them for me to use while I am there. I don't think she quite realized how emphatic I was when I replied "Praise the Lord" or just how huge this was to me. But God knew how huge it was to me, even though it may have seemed small to everyone else.

No comments: