Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chocolate Almond Biscotti

Yesterday I was reading a blog that I follow and the lady had a post on a recipe for Chocolate Almond Biscotti. I love biscotti but I am kind of strange in that I don't really like it to be rock hard. I love it when I get one that is hard on the outside but softer on the inside. I looked at the recipe and shockingly, I had all of the ingredients that were needed to make them. So I gave it a try. It was so quick and easy to put together. After baking them for the first 25 minutes you are supposed to let them cool for 15 minutes, slice them and put them back in the oven for another 20 min. I decided to keep one "log" out of the oven after the first 25 minutes and then put the other "log", sliced of course, back into the oven as the recipe said. I only cooked them for 15 additional minutes but the came out so hard that even dipping them in milk didn't help a whole lot. But the recipe was definitely worth the effort as the batch that I didn't cook twice was wonderful. I left out the almonds for my non-nut-eaters but the chocolate and chocolate chips in it were great. We all scarfed the soft batch down so I had to quickly make another batch for after dinner. If you would like the recipe go to www.davidlebovitz.com/2009/01/chocolate-biscotti/

No comments: