Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Getting Ready

In a way this pregnancy has flown by. I think that is just the way it is when you already have little ones. I have been doing lots of cleaning and getting rid of lately. I took a load to Goodwill yesterday that filled half of DH truck bed. Boy does it feel good to declutter. I guess you would say I am starting into the "nesting" stage. We have been working on the boys room, getting ready to move B#7 in with the big boys. I found some bunkbeds on craigslist this weekend and after much repair work to them, DH got them put together yesterday. We still need to get a mattress for B#7 so for now he is still in the crib in his "old" room. He is excited about moving to his "bonkbed" as he calls it. I do still have quite a bit to do in the boys room like finding space for all of the clothes and toys that were previously in drawers on B#5's captains bed, which we sold. But it will all come together soon.

At my Dr.s appointment yesterday, the doctor and I agreed to move my due date up to July 30 instead of August 4th. It just made more sense with my dates than with the first ultrasound which can be off by about 5 days. He told me he wouldn't begrudge me 5 days, which can be a long time to a pregnant mom who doesn't sleep:)

We have been having fun sewing and getting things ready to decorate the baby's room, once I move B#8 into B#7's old room. Confused yet? Anyway, here are some pics of what we are working on...


A dear friend gave me lots of great cloth diapers so I thought I would turn some of them into burb cloths so B#4 and I sewed ribbon down the seams on the front and added bias tape along the top and bottom with a zig-zag stitch. I still have several more to get finished.


Dad wanted to be the one to pick the fabric for the baby's blanket, most of our babies have loved their blankies, so off we went to our local fabric store where he chose this adorable lady bug print. I usually an not one to like greens but with this baby we are going with green and pink for the nursery. I just loved these fat little lady bugs.
I looked at lots of crib sets on craigslist but at $60-$100 a set that was just out of the question. So I kept looking, day after day, and sure enough I found this green and white set which came with a bumper, crib skirt, 3 or 4 sheet and a matching basket, all for $20. Now that is more in my price range.

I am not sure if I posted a picture of this already in a different post, but here is a picture of the crib that that we are using. I found this on craigslist too back when we found out about the crib recalls. It is a very sturdy crib and I think it will look so nice with the bedding.

Anyway, that is what we have been up to around here. Staying busy as always...

No comments: