Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Room

Finally, it is finished enough for him to sleep in....B#7's room that is. We originally planned to put B#1 in the room but then decided that B#7 just isn't ready to share a room yet so we took the "purple room" and made it better for him. The girls wanted to know why we didn't do all of this work for them when it was their room. Who knows? We started out by just planning to update the closet with some new sheet rock and a new shelf since we think it was the original 1906ish closet and paint over the purple paint. But that led us to talking about what to do about the carpet which had definitely seen better days. We decided with as many allergies as there seem to be in our family that the best thing would be to get rid of the carpet and go with wood floors. We do still have a rug in there but hopefully that can be replaced often enough not to bother allergies too much. Now B#7 is quite the scheduled guy and we knew that we needed to get him in the room and settled for several days before baby comes. His first night wasn't as bad as I had envisioned. It did take me an hour to rock him to sleep in our horrid Goodwill rocking chair but after that he only woke up around 4:30am and had to be rocked for longer than I usually need to rock him during the night. I usually am able to lay him down awake at bedtime and then just give him his pacifier if he cries out during the night but being the creature of habit that he is we knew it would be different for awhile. Anyway, below are the pics of the project....

DH working on fitting the flooring in around the outside of the closet

The floor is in and ready for the trim to get put up.

All of the furniture is in but I have actually already moved the dresser since this picture was taken.

I thought that I had a picture of the original purple and of some more of the in between steps but they seem to have disappeared from my camera. Hmm. Anyway, we will see how are second night goes. I was able to lay him down awake so maybe it won't be too bad tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The room looks great. Share more photos of your lovely home...I'd love to see it. I'm still trying to think of boys names...I guess my favorite right now is Ezra. We are not going to add to our family and that was what I had planned on using. If I think of anymore, I'll send them your way.