Friday, February 20, 2009

House Arrest and a field trip

We are impatiently counting down the days until baby comes. If I keep with my usual past 7 routines then baby will be here in about two weeks. My midwives had put me on a blood pressure medicine that made me feel horrible so I stopped taking it. Their advice since I wouldn't take it was to stay home(house arrest), not be running around and rest. Yeah right! I have tried and DH and friends have scolded me appropriately for not staying home but whats a mom to do?!?! Monday night DH and I took off for our belated Valentine's date. We went to Red Lobster which was definitely a splurge for us. It had changed since our last visit years and years ago and we both had trouble finding something to order. I guess we both would just be content to go to Wendy's which is our usual date spot. On a side note, it was packed which left me querying to DH about all of the doom and gloom about the economy. Maybe people will still eat out no matter what?!?! Anyway, then on Thursday some homeschoolers were planning a field trip to a historical fort about an hours drive away so I thought the kids and I would do one last thing before baby comes so after making a very last minute, late night decision to go we got up early(8:00am mind you) and prepared to head out. The weather was great and when we got to the meeting place to caravan we were tickled pink to find some of our dear friends were also going so they piled in our big van with us and we had a wonderful visit on the drive up and back. Anyway, B#4 had the camera most of the time(just like her dad) so I will attach some photos below.

B#5, B#6 and B#7 by a canon.

This was the apothocary, mine and B#2's favorite room. Look at all of those wonderful old bottles and beautiful old books!

B#2 walking through the gardens. This would be so neat to see once everything starts blooming again.

Just trying to keep up with everyone else!

B#5, just waiting for our friend to bring the van to us so we don't have to walk the long walk back to the Visitor's Center where we parked.

If you look real close you can see B#3 and B#2 to the right of the photo. In case you noticed, B#1 isn't in any of the pictures. He chose to stay home. Guess that is what happens when they grow up:( The kids are in some tower thingy. I am sure it has a name but since noone is back here with me right now to ask what it is called, we will just call it a tower thingy.

Well that is all for now. Will keep you all posted as to the baby going ons. If you think about it, post a comment with some baby boy name suggestions. So far this baby might just be called baby:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Love the House Arrest thing! That is a funny way to put it. I love the names Connor, Grayson, Jackson, Ian, Ryan, Parker, Riley, Micah...I could go on forever...! Good luck with that...look at all of these boys you are ending up with! I thought you were a girly girl..:) They will keep you young and agile that is for sure..they NEVER stop! Take care.
Tami