Friday, July 18, 2008

A thing of beauty is a joy forever



Isn't this fiber just gorgeus! After the Lavender Festival we got to stop by Woodland Woolworks, a place in Carlton that has spinning wheels, looms, yarn and of course fiber! I had gotten some birthday money a few days before and got the challenge of picking out one thing from the entire store. It was not easy. "Should I get some yarn? Or how about some of that Tussah silk fiber? Oooh, look at that Targhee wool!" I had my arms full with yarns and fiber. But then, I saw it... On an isle end there were the most beautiful bunches of fiber, just begging someone to try spinning them. "Ah ha!" Now I knew exactly what I wanted. The fiber in the picture is what was on the isle end. It's 50% Merino wool and 50% Tencel (Tencel is made from trees). The Merino makes it oh-so-soft and the Tencel make it shimmer. Yes it really is that shimmery. I started spinning it yesterday; It's an absolute dream! The hardest part is just trying to keep the yarn even. I'll stop talking now, even though I could go on... :)

~B#2

No comments: