Monday, June 30, 2008

Just an update

Hi everyone! I am soooo sorry that we have not been keeping you up to date on things over here. For the past few weeks I have been feeling like I am running through life at a hundred miles per hour without even stopping for a breath!
Unfortunately we have sold quite a few of our animals since the last time I wrote.

The one thing we didn't think about when we got our ducks and geese was all that manure everywhere. They were on free range so we wouldn't have to feed them any grain so naturally they explored the property and left evidence of their being there. Of course mom was not thrilled at all about having to watch where she put her feet so the ducks and geese had to go. I sure miss my geese, they were all so friendly. They would come right up to you to be stroked or hand fed. But both the duck and geese are now at loving forever homes and they aren't too far away so we may get to visit them someday.:)
Our goats are gone as well. I know your probably thinking, "What! but you just got them!" I know, I know. The thought of selling the goats came rather unexpectedly. We have been selling goat milk to some families but things just became increasingly complicated. Feed prices were sky rocketing, Hay is always very expensive, one of the families wanted to stop buying goat milk, our extremely sweet Oberhasli was giving bad milk. We prayed about what to do. Get more goats? Sell them all? The Lord very clearly answered our questions. The person who we bought the Oberhasli from was very willing to take her back since we didn't like the taste of the milk. one person was very eager to buy our Nubian/Alpine and another person wanted Anne, our Nubian so she could bottle feed her Pygmy goats. So we are now goat-less. I have to admit I don't miss them, well... maybe just the Oberhasli. All the others were just plain annoying!

Our feline population was at 12 but has now come down to 10. We have been lucky enough to rehome two so far. (pleeaaassee come get a kitten from us!)

Right now we are trying to sell our alpacas. It just wasn't worth it. The shearing was very expensive and us girls are still trying to pay mom and dad back for it. I did sell all my wool but did not make any profit off of it. They sure are fun and, not to mention, adorable though. We are not sure if it the Lord's will or not to sell our alpacas so, like Gideon in Judges 6:36-40, We are putting out the fleece (literally) and we will wait to see what happens.

I think that is all for now. I will try really, really hard to keep the place updated but I won't make any promises.:)

~B#2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those's are some BIG changes! Awe, I liked your goose Shim, but never got to meet him!

~Krista