Monday, August 21, 2017

Time on My Hands



Since stepping away from Facebook, two things have happened....I have more time on my hands now but I have lost a way to share my life with you all. I have picked knitting back up, which isn't such a big deal since all I can knit is dishcloths and baby blankets that are basically giant dishcloths.  And I have renewed an interest that I have had for a while in herbs. I think it is so amazing that God gave us plants that we can eat and use for medicine. I have been looking into herbal schools but the majority of them are extremely expensive. In my searching though, I found Heart of Herbs. They have affordable prices that actually allow people the opportunity to attend. It is all distance learning so that makes it even better.

On that vein, I decided to start harvesting and drying what herbs I have around my home, while waiting to take their courses and to encourage me to go ahead and start learning herbs and their uses.




Red Raspberry leaves, which are considered one of the oldest and wisest herbs for women's health and some yummy chocolate mint leaves drying on my front porch. The Raspberry leaves will be dried and stored for use as a tea for us Ladies of the house when that time of the month comes when life gets difficult.  One of my next projects for Hubby is to make me some herb drying racks.

If you are interested in herbs, one of the best books I have found so far is The Herbal Apothecary.  Be sure to get the book, not the Kindle version...books are so much better to hold and feel.

Anyone want to comment and share their experiences with herbs and some resources that have helped you along in your learning quest?

No comments: