Friday, September 21, 2012

Projects

I have been in the mood to do some projects lately. I guess now that B#10 is almost 1 I feel like I am coming out of a year long fog. He still wakes up several times a night to nurse but we have a relatively good schedule. Feeling like fall is coming on also makes me want to do some creative things. Last week before 1/2 of the family left for B#1's Boot Camp graduation, the girls and I started recovering our dining room chairs. My mom sent me some lovely dark plaid fabric which she got for a steal of a deal. It goes so well with my dining room and should hide stains well. I took a before and after picture for you so you can adequately appreciate the difference.

                                                           Before..stains and all

                                                                    After

I love, love, love chalkboard. I have wanted to paint one of my cabinets in my kitchen with chalkboard paint for a couple of years now. I still haven't gotten brave enough to do that but I did find some chalkboard paint looking adhesive backed paper to use for labels on my storage jars and recycleable trashcans.


This was how they were before. I like the way this looks, at least the way it would look in a good picture. If I could combine this with chalkboard that would be lovely.


These were the tools I used to finish this project...


 
 

I also made (with the help of B#4) a burlap table runner but I think I will save pics of that for after I get my fall stuff put on it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the jars too! Yes, that chalkboard pant is neat.

Melanie V.

Melissa said...

I love your completed projects! The chairs look great. I've been wanting to do a chalkboard for Juliana but am weighing the cost of materials. IKEA has a chalkboard easel that I may purchase for Christmas. I love this time of year! We're heading out to the cornfield behind the house tomorrow to gather corn husks. We saw corn husk dolls a few days ago at Colonial Williamsburg and I think they will be fun to make, as well as educational. Remember making the little turkey's out of clay pots, wooden ball and artificial fall leaves??? We had gotten the idea at a craft show back in Virginia. *sigh* wish we all lived closer together!!! =)

Hugs to you all!!!

Kelly said...

Oh I do remember the turkeys. We should do that this year. Sounds like ya'll had a fun time tooling around on your trip.