Monday, October 24, 2011

Noah Update


As I am sure you can tell, my days don't leave alot of time for blogging. Mostly I am walking through the days in a fog of sleeplessness. Noah seems to have the typical nightowl problem that most newborns have. He sleeps great during the day with all of the noise going on around here but come nighttime he is a grunter. He does sleep but he grunts and fusses most of the night and only sleeps well if he is in mom's arms. We usually end up on the couch sleeping together in hopes that dad will get some rest since he is on night duty with Audrey. He goes back to work this week so my nights will be quite interesting as I try to get up with both of them and then throw in the 2 year old who still wakes up some nights. Other than that he is doing great. He is gaining weight like crazy. We took him in with me for my postpartum checkup and he weighed 6lbs 13 oz which was up from 6lbs 1 oz only a few days prior to that. Then he went in for a two week check up two days later and he weighed 7lbs 2 oz. So despite being labeled a preemie, he is weighing more like a full term baby and is still as cute as a bug's ear in my opinion...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all! Noah is so sweet. Glad to hear you two are doing well after such a unexpected delivery.
Loved to see you and Noah soon.
~Melanie

Kristy Johnston-Rea said...

Congratulations on the arrival of Noah! He is very handsome! I am so glad he is safe and healthy! My boys came 5 weeks early too. The nurses in the NICU were wonderful! Looking forward to getting this years Christmas card from you!
~Kristy Johnston-Rea

Kelly said...

Hey Kristi, I tried to visit your blog from your christmas letter but need to be invited...can I be invited?

Kelly