Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I survived

Everyone big in our family went on a hike yesterday, leaving mom home with three toddlers. The girls alternated between being sorry for leaving me alone and reminding me that I have done this before. Yeah, about 15 years ago I reminded them. I'm not that young anymore. But things went very well. Here is my day in pictures...



The boys helped me make brownies.



B#8 thought you just plopped the butter in the mix instead of into a different bowl for mom to melt.

Mixing with not too much slinging of mix around.




Apparently you have to lick the spoons every time you make something. Thank goodness the brownies got cooked at a high temp. to take care of the germs B#8 left behind after double dipping his spoon.




Getting into everything while mom tried to clean up the kitchen.




Still getting into everything but they changed spots.




B#7 was such a big helper to me. Here he is dragging our flour bucket back to the pantry for me. It is very heavy.





We managed to make homemade hamburger buns for dinner. Here is B#8 rolling his dough.

And all the while that we three were working, B#9 either slept peacefully or sat in her high chair eating. What a sweet girl she is!




















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! Those boys are sooo cute!! I'd like to borrow them for a few hours. :) So glad #9 was cooperative and sweet for you.
~Melanie V.