Thursday, March 17, 2011

B# 8 turns 2!

B#8 loves balls. That is actually putting it mildly. He walks around with one of my wooden spoons hitting anything that resembles a ball and saying "Love Hockey, love baseball". At first for his cake I was planning on making these cute cupcakes that connected together to make a caterpillar but then I thought about how much he loves balls and decided to make a baseball cake. I am no cake decorator mind you so don't expect much from my cakes. But it at least resembled a baseball.

As dad and I wandered around "stuff-mart" trying to decide what to get him for his birthday we found this bag of 100 plastic balls. We didn't need to think twice, we plopped them right into our buggy. Then we found a Little Tykes basketball hoop and after putting a couple of extra balls with it for the kids to share, we were all done shopping. It all seemed to be a hit. We seem to still have the majority of the plastic balls despite numerous ball fights and a few times of taking them out on the trampoline. We decided that at $.10 a ball if they last a few weeks that would be good.

He got some fun birthday cards in the mail, with some birthday money(Thanks family). We thought it would be fun to take him to Toys R Us as I don't think he has ever been there. We aren't hugely into toys but if you read my posts about toys then you know what our thinking is on that. All in all he had a great birthday and I still can't believe he is 2!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

My goodness, he certainly is a handsome little guy!!! Glad to see pictures! Thanks!!

Love to you!!