Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Busy Days

This is the time of year that I love to be outside. I know for most people that would be summer but not me. I wish I were better at doing things outside so I could help DH do all of the things that need to be done and then I could be outside more. It is a bit challenging to get out there with baby but we have managed to stay quite busy anyway.

We were finally able to pick our corn, pretty late in the season this year.




And this is just some of the apples we have been continuously working on. I think we may just save the rest of them for apple cider instead of making more apple sauce but then again it takes alot of apple sauce to get us through the year.

B#5 & B#6 shucking corn for our dinner.

DH is rebuilding this gate to temporarily keep goats and a calf out of our backyard. He has been busy putting up an electric fence to give the calf and the goats another pasture area so that has led to finishing most of the backyard fence to keep the boys in and away from the electric fence.



In the midst of all of the calf preparations we got our chicks this morning. Thirty-five chicks can be really noisy at 7:30am, luckily only 20 are ours for now. We ordered some for a friend. I think B#2 is planning on ordering some meat chickens next. I will keep you posted on how that goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures of the kids! It's so nice to see how big they are getting! One can never tire of seeing them from afar via the pics! (hint, hint)!

Love you all!!
M, R, and J