Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A day in the life

On Sundays there is usually a mad scramble to get ready for church and out the door on time, which for us never seems to be "on time". This past week was no better, in fact, when I woke up and saw that I had 40 minutes to get myself dressed and any little one ready who wasn't already being dressed, dressed and in the van I thought there was no way it was going to happen. Well we did manage to be ready, well all but our oldest ,but in the midst of hurrying to get ready I had to wear an older pair of knee highs that had definitely seen better days. Upon putting on my shoes I couldn't help but wondering just how bad the holes in my knee highs had gotten judging by how very uncomfortable one of my shoes was. I decided to take the time to try to fix it so that I wouldn't be quite so uncomfortable all through church. Well low and behold, the holes weren't any worse than last time I wore those knee highs but I did discover a Playmobile spear in my shoe causing the problems.

Whether you have one child or 8, such can be a day in the life of a mom.

No comments: