Friday, April 16, 2010

Where does the time go?

I keep thinking that I will sit down and blog but I just don't know where the time goes. We haven't done too much since coming home from our trip but life is just busy, ya know?

B#1 had a birthday. I can't believe he is 19 years old now!

The girls taught me how to knit so I am working on a blanket for the new baby. It will only be knit stitches since that is all I know how to do right now but it will be a lovely chocolate brown, which is one of my favorite colors, with either a cream satin border or a pink one. Not sure about that part yet.

I have already started school planning for next year. I hope to have most of it planned out before the baby comes in August. I am really trying to keep things much simpler this year and just enjoy reading lots with the children. That is a challenge for me since I am not much of one to read out loud. I have been listening to a couple of CDs by Victoria Botkin that a friend loaned me. She is a veteran homeschooler who has very successfully homeschooled her children. Her two girls have written and published a book so I think the way she schooled works. She did the basics but she spent much time reading all kinds of books with her children....science, history, good fiction etc. So that has encouraged me in my planning. We are starting in Genesis this year so I am looking forward to that. DH and I have been watching some wonderful videos by Ken Ham from Answers in Genesis that I think I will watch with the children this year as well since they are all about creation.

Okay, lets see what else has been going on? Oh, we bought a goat yesterday. We had recently put B#8 on cow milk and it just didn't seem to agree with his tummy so we started buying goat milk from some people we know but it gets quite expensive and time consuming to get it from someone else so we decided to just buy a goat. We should have enough milk left to sell as well and we have a few families who have said they would buy milk from us. So I guess we are back in the goat business again, at least for awhile.

DH has unfortunately been extremely wrapped up in a home problem so I feel that he hasn't really been able to enjoy his time off. We recently found out that some of our property is in a flood zone and that we are required to have flood insurance. Sounds simple enough until you get into the intricacies involved in that and the extreme expense involved. We are still a bit in shock about it and are praying about what the Lord would have us to do in this situation. We would appreciate all your prayers in this time.

Well, other than enjoying a few wonderful sunny days playing outside with the kids on the trampoline we are just sticking close to home.

Sorry that there are no pics this time...just too lazy I guess.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Good luck with the flood insurance...we have to have it here to, and boy what a nightmare it was in the beginning to get all of the right paperwork, etc. And, another expense. Hope it works out!