Saturday, December 12, 2009

Star Ornaments




Traditionally our family each gets a new ornament for the tree each year but honestly, decent ornaments are becoming more and more difficult to find. I just don't want a race car or an Elvis on my tree. Not to mention the cost of ornaments now. We recently went to a Christmas shop while my family was visiting. We found lots of cute ornaments there but with each one ranging from $5-$10 each and our family being a family of 10 that was just a bit excessive for us. But all is not lost...at our local Joanns craft store I found these plain wooden snowflake ornaments. I bought 8 of them each for about $.50 and the kids painted them white then sprinkled silver glitter on them. So for $2.00 plus the cost of a bit of white paint and glitter, we have our 2009 ornaments.


Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Voorhees Family said...

These are very pretty. We may try these. A friend told me of ornaments they make using glue and cinnamon. You make a dough of the two ingredients and roll out and use cookie cutters to make the shapes. She said they smell really good too!! :) Thanks for the ornament idea! Merry Christmas.