Friday, June 5, 2009

The Moby

I have a love hate relationship with baby carriers. I see so many moms using them and I think "that's the one", "that one will work for me". With B#7, I bought a Moby wrap in a beautiful chocolate brown(one of my favorite colors). I would get it out week after week and try to figure that thing out while the girls laughed and called me a Jedi from Star wars. With B#8, I bought a typical padded sling type baby carrier with a lovely toile print on one side but boy does that thing hurt my back. Age maybe??? Anyway, a few days ago I was having this same discussion with a good friend who is expecting and I lamented to her my Moby story. She promptly told me that she had a great video she would email to me. I had already sold my beautiful brown Moby on Craigslist but after watching the video she sent to me, I went to borrow a friend's Moby. I love it...I don't know what my problem was last time but this thing is great. The girls wanted to try carrying B#8 in it so here are a couple of pictures of B#4 with him in it. Now I gotta get one of my own before my friend has her baby in a few months:(

Look! No hands

4 comments:

Debra said...

I love it!! How does baby like it?

Thanks for sharing.

Kelly said...

he keeps falling asleep in it...yea!

trlhkrs said...

Oh what a timely post!! Little Juliana was soooo fussy this evening that I finally resorted to putting her in the Snugli that her Daddy loves to use with her. What a difference it makes! I can do housework with TWO hands and the baby falls asleep in it!! It's great being "hands free"! I have an Infantino baby sling carrier but haven't been successful with using it.

Baby #8 is looking so big!! What a cutie! At four weeks, Julian just hit the 8 lb. and 1/2 oz. mark! We're hoping she'll be out of NB soon and ready to fit in to all the 3 month clothes that we have for her!

Love to you all!
Auntie M, Uncle Rob, and Baby Juliana, XOSXOSXOS

Kelly said...

I am glad she is putting on weight. Be sure to send a pic of her. B#8 is wearing anywhere from 3 to 9 month clothes. I think he's got my genes instead of the skinny Menne genes.