Friday, May 1, 2009

Birthdays and Babies



Boy, it has been a long time since I posted anything but that certainly doesn't mean nothing has been going on around here. Just that I haven't had time to sit and blog. We have all been busy in the past weeks with birthdays, babies, gardening and sewing. The first birthday was B#1's 18th birthday. I still can not believe that I am old enough to have an 18 year old or that I have been married long enough to have an 18 year old. It still feels like maybe 10 years. God is Good! We had quite a big splurge for B#1's birthday. A usual eating out time for our family usually consists of Wendy's where we can usually get out of there spending less than $30 for our family of 10(9 that actually require food from the menu) but we wanted to take him out for a nice birthday dinner so after DH and I tried out some different places we decided on a place at the beach. We had a good time and some good food, went to the outlet mall and then walked on the beach.









Next we celebrated my birthday. I was instructed to pick up a cake mix and some candles since I was the one going into town on the day we decided to celebrate. I thought I would be funny and pick up the number candles instead of the straight ones so I bought a 2 and a 9 so that I could be 29 instead of 37 but DH, funny guy that he is, is always funnier than I am and quicker to the punch so he decided that I could be 92 instead of 29! I would put a picture on here of the cake but I can't find it on my camera card. Oh well.



Baby, as we still call him, is now 6 weeks old. What a chunk he has gotten to be in the past couple of days. He has slept for 5-6 hours straight for the last two nights which has been so nice for me. I was getting up with him every two hours, sometimes only getting an hour of sleep in between so 5 or 6 hours is such a blessing.

B#7 is doing better with it all lately but it has taken lots of consistency on our part, which can be hard when you are nursing a baby. He sure loves the baby but isn't too sure that he loves it when mom is holding baby. Here is a picture of his crocs which he absolutely adores. He asks for them to be put on as soon as he wakes up and we have to pry them off at nap time.


The girls have been busy sewing. B#2 and B#3 are making dresses for an upcoming ball that they are going to and B#4 has been busy helping a dear friend of ours to sew her ball dress. She did find time in there on the sewing machine to make this dress for B#6, which turned out great...


B#7's wild hair after his nap


B#7's feet.

No comments: