Monday, March 2, 2009

A Pounding


When my good friend Priscilla started talking to me about giving me a baby shower I started realizing that I really didn't need much in the way of baby clothes since baby is a boy so we started talking about the needs of a large family(guess that is us) and I told her that one of the things I felt I needed help with was getting a pantry stocked and organized. Amongst some of our friends, when people get married they are given a "pounding", meaning they are pounded with food to help them get started. So Priscilla and I thought that would be a good way to get our pantry started and organized. I know it sounds like a silly thing but I really had questions...where do you keep it all, how much should we have on hand, how do you keep from just plowing through it and ending up back where you started? Anyway, these are things I got to ask at my "pounding". We had to use three cars to bring it all home(I didn't take the big van) and it was all piled up for DH to see when he got home from work. We had a great time and we are so appreciative of our church family and friends for all that they gave to us. We also received some money to put towards a new rocking chair for baby's nursery.


One of the ladies from the church giving a devotional talk.

Friends.

More friends.

Playing a game.

No comments: