Monday, November 3, 2014

A Wedding and a Confession

Our oldest daughter is getting married in 11 days and I am not going to the wedding. I guess I keep thinking that if I keep admitting that to people then I will be okay with it. I am not okay with it but that is just how it has to be. You see she is getting married 1900 miles away from us. There is no way for all 11 of us to fly there and driving that far would take more time off of work than DH even has available to him. Someone has to stay home with all of the children and we decided that dads don't always do so well for 5 days straight with all of the children so Dad is going to go to the wedding and I will stay home. B#4 is also going. So at least I should end up with lots of pictures, I hope.

She has a very godly mother-in-law-to-be helping her to plan the wedding so I am sure it will be well planned. It's funny...I felt pretty removed from the planning of my son's wedding but figured that is the way it is when you are the groom's family. We immersed ourselves in planning the rehearsal dinner. And now I find that I am removed from planning my daughter's wedding by such a distance. Not at all how I envisioned it all to go but I guess things just aren't always as envisioned.

So in 11 days our family will grow to add a son-in-law. I hope to be able to post some pictures afterwards.


1 comment:

Emily said...

This post makes me sad. :'( I'll try to get lot's of pictures for you.