Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A Pregnancy Update

Since I am still having the "can't figure out my pictures" problem and I don't have any pictures of me pregnant(ugh) or of the baby, I thought I could at least give a quick pregnancy update.

I am now 31 weeks along. Although we don't know what we are having, I can definitely say that this is one very active baby. With the rest of them I felt kicks and punches but with this one I feel flips and rolls. Boy, maybe???

This pregnancy has gone by pretty fast. I guess because B#11 has really hung on to being the baby of the family. We are STILL trying to get him to sleep through the night and stop getting into bed with us in the mornings. Well, I am trying to stop the morning routine but dad loves having him climb in bed with us.

Next week starts my twice a week visits with the doctor. Life basically comes to a halt and we plan our days around the appointments that are made for me by the doctor's office. I go in on Mondays for a growth ultrasound and to see the doctor. Then on Thursdays I go in for Non-stress tests where they hook me up to a fetal monitor to see how the baby is responding to movements. It can seem a bit overwhelming and sometimes unnecessary but after B# 10's birth and circumstances I don't argue when they want to do extra monitoring. It is a small price to pay in my opinion.

Our C-section is scheduled for April 9th so if all continues to go well we have about 7 weeks to go but if my blood pressure goes up then it will get bumped up to April 2nd.

I can't help but pray that somehow the Lord will allow me a safe regular birth instead of a C-section. Something to pray about...

No comments: